BitTorrent is one of the popular peers to peer file sharing tool. One of the features of the torrent is that users of the BitTorrent network are uploading and transferring peers automatically to other users who are downloading. Sharing is one of the most important tools for Torrents to keep the health of file distribution.
If nobody seeds and leech on the torrent network then the file will die soon. That’s why here the question arises of turning off the seed. There are many BitTorrent clients which provide the seeding automatically and there is no such option for disabling the seed on torrent.
As you all know that uTorrent is one of the most popular networks of BitTorrent and it has an option of disabling the seed. However, it is not recommended to Turn Off Seed as it will weaken the file distribution network. But still, if you want to turn off seeding then here we have shared a tutorial regarding the same.
How to Turn Off Seeding in Torrent?
We do not recommend disabling seed on uTorrent but if you need in some special circumstances then you can read the complete guide. Seeding makes the file strong and makes it easier for everyone to download the file with good speed. There are various clients of BitTorrent but here we are going to provide this tutorial only for the uTorrent.
Also Read: What does Instagrammer mean?
- At first download and install uTorrent on your system.
- Now open the uTorrent application and go to Options section.
- Select Preferences and select Bandwidth section.
- Now set maximum update rate (kB/s): [0: unlimited] to 1
- After that set the number of upload slots per torrent to 0.
- Now open Queuing section.
- Select minimum ratio (%) under “Seeding Goal” to 0.
- Select minimum seeding time under “Seeding Goal” to 0.
- Select the minimum number of available seeds under “Seeding Goal” to 0.
- Now tick the checkbox to limit the upload rate to (kB/s): [0 = stop] under “When uTorrent Reaches the Seeding Goal”, and set its value to 0.
- That’s all, after changing these settings there will be no uploading or seeding from your server while downloading the file.
- Enjoy! Torrenting without Seed and Leech.
So, this was a small tutorial regarding turning off the seed for uTorrent. If you keep doing this for all files then there are chances that you may get blocked from downloading the files so it is recommended to use these settings only for important files or when you have limited data.
Once you make above-mentioned changes in the uTorrent application then there will be no seeds while downloading the file. If you are having any query or have any other method to Turn Off Seeds in Torrent then let us know via the comments section below.
If this article has helped you in any way then please do share it with your friends and on social media platforms. Stay updated with us for more Tech guides.