Nowadays the presence of Internet users is increasing day by day. 8 out of 10 Smartphone users have access to the Internet, and many of them use Wifi network to access the Internet. Here we are going to discuss the Wifi network.
If you have a broadband connection and looking for a way to disconnect the other users who are accessing your Wifi network then here, you are at the right place. You might be aware that you have full control over your Wifi connection and you can block a particular IP address from accessing your Wifi network.
Once you block an IP address from your Wifi network, then that user won’t be able to connect to your Wifi network. There are various ways of blocking an IP address or device from the network.
Block Device Connected to Wifi Network
Here we will discuss all the possible and easy ways to block a device from the Wifi network. Read the follow shared guides to know more about blocking a particular device from WiFi network.
Also Read: How to Cancel Google Play Subscription
#1 Guide via MAC:
Here if you are having a router of your Wifi network, then you can block a particular device from your Wifi network via Media Access Control. You have to follow below-mentioned steps carefully to block a device from Wifi network using MAC method.
- At first, connect to your Wifi network on your device.
- Now open 192.168.1.1 in your address bar of the browser.
- Enter your Log In credentials.
- Now open Advanced Menu and select Mac Network Filter.
- After that select Turn MAC On and DENY computers listed to access the network.
- Now you have to enter the MAC Address of that device which you want to block from your Wifi network.
- If you do not know the MAC Address of victim device, then go to connected device and look for Unknown MAC address from there and then enter that address to block.
- Now click on SAVE and entered MAC addresses would be blocked from accessing the Wifi of your network.
#2 Guide via Cloak Wifi Network
In this method, you can Cloak your Wifi network and then it won’t be visible to the local users, and they won’t be able to connect to your Wifi network. This is an advanced method to prevent unknown people from accessing your Wifi network.
To Cloak your Wifi network follow below shared methods.
- Login to your Wifi network as mentioned in Guide #1.
- Then select don’t broadcast my SSID or equivalent choice.
- Open Wifi Frequency and switch to 5ghz (it often requires a password and is less used than other frequencies)
- After that, change the password of your router network.
#3 Guide via Android Mobile Phone
If you do not have to access to the PC and wants to block the devices from using Wifi network via Android mobile phone, then it can also be done. However, for blocking devices from Android you should have a rooted mobile phone. Without Root access, you can’t block a device from using Wifi.
There are many applications such as NetCut which helps you in blocking the devices from using Wifi network. NetCut will show you a list of connected devices to a Wifi network and then you can block any device from the list shown in the application.
I hope you liked the article and got to know about blocking the device from the Wifi network. If you are having any trouble in any method or stuck anywhere then feel free to ask your query in the comments section below. Also, if you have got some other way of blocking the devices from connected Wifi network then please share it with our readers via the comments section below.
Do not forget to share the article with your friends using the social share buttons mentioned below. Keep visiting us for more hacks.